See below a request to take part in a study at Brussels university ULB about surrogacy among gay fathers. We would like to encourage your members to take part! Please share this link to people concerned!
This study will take approximately 30 minutes to complete and all of your responses will be kept strictly confidential. You would only need to provide your name and other contact information if you choose to be contacted for future studies or to receive a summary of the results of the current study.
To be eligible to participate in this study you must be at least 18 years old and be in a current couple relationship with the same spouse/partner you originally planned to co-parent with. Your child must fit the following characteristics for this particular research we are doing:
• Born via surrogacy
• Now between the ages of 1.5 and 10 y.o.
• Not one of multiple births (for example, not a twin or triplet)
• Genetically related to ONE of the fathers in the couple relationship (one of the dads was the sperm provider)
We are asking that the “PRIMARY” caregiving parent be the person to fill out the survey. By “primary caregiving parent” we mean the parent who has spent the most time with the child and carried most of the responsibility for taking care of the child overall since birth. If both parents spend an equal amount of time in this role, then you can either flip a coin or self-select who will serve as the parent participant for this study. Because the survey is in English, participating parents will need to be able to read and write English in order to complete the survey.
Benefits of participation are:
• You can choose to receive a summary of the results when the research is completed.
• Most parents find the survey questions thought-provoking and relevant to their lives.
• You will be making an extremely significant contribution to understanding families created via surrogacy, and the results will be of great interest to the entire community of LGBT parents and children, families using assisted reproductive technologies, and society as a whole.
• As an expression of our gratitude, you will be entered into a drawing for iPad mini
If you’re eligible, please participate!